Sunday, November 3, 2019

Soul Tracking #8

11/3/2019

Sitting in the truck yesterday, enjoying the sun.
Finally cleared off and warmed up, enough so I finally got around to mailing a couple of orders.  I notice that my pain levels are greater on cloudy, windy days, but when the sun comes out, pain goes down a good 20%.  I just hopped over to the PO in my beater truck, and stuffed the packages into the post office outside mail box, and then just headed back home.  It's about a 4 block trip altogether.  Woohoo!

There are procedures to going out of the house that 10 years ago I would think nothing of--such as putting on street clothes, but in my current fibro state, this is a painful activity, made more painful if leaving the house is a necessity I HAVE to undertake, as opposed to going out for fun.  Ideally, it's for both.  And yesterday it was both.

As I sit here attempting to remember what else happened yesterday, I'm coming up blank.  I do remember I got an inquiry from kind a kooky lady on Twitter, who said she had a radio show, really liked what I was doing with Pure Energy Rx, and wanted to either interview me, plug the products, or have me record something--she really didn't care which.  I initially said I would be honored to do so, please send links of content so I could get up to speed on what she was doing.

Turns out she had a YouTube channel with a couple of videos of her dog, and some British astrologer saying he was looking forward to her show, and one other video of her talking about doing a show. No mention at all of a radio program.  She was kind of wild-eyed and her thinking processes seemed really convoluted to me, so I re-assessed the situation, and decided that obviously this person hadn't really thought out what the hell she wanted to do, and I just happened to get caught up in her initial outreach. I'm not saying I'll never do anything with her, but for now, I'll just be a lurker.  She's called twice, so I guess maybe tomorrow I'll call her back and decline.

And then there's "Billy Boom Boom" and his atomic woofers who seemed to be especially busy yesterday.  He woke me up around 8 AM as he drove by.  He's got a tricked out '66 Chevy that has been outfitted with the loudest thundering sound system I've ever heard from a car, and apparently he lives nearby.  I hear him in the morning, most mornings, and yesterday he seemed like he was driving around my block repeatedly.  I'm just surprised somebody hasn't called the police and had him cited--it's that bad.  Or, maybe they have and he's on some sort of social protest.  From what I can make out, he seems to be listening to 80s hard rock, but maybe it's death metal, or both.  Whatever it is, it's pretty impressive, since my hearing isn't all that good, and it's loud even in the house with the windows closed. Oh well--just another denizen of the local populace. Now if Billy was in downtown L.A. or even Kansas City, the relative volume would be negligible, but here in this quiet little town, you can hear him coming, literally, a mile away.

I went to bed last night around 1:15, and ended up spending too much time with my tunes. When I checked the time it was 1:45, but that was AFTER changing over to Standard Time, meaning I had been listening to music for 2 1/2 hours.  Which brings me to another beef.  Daylight "Saving" Time.  What a ridiculous piece of social engineering that is!

I think most of us remember our parents telling us that we were "saving" an hour so the farmers could work the fields without running out of light.  Of course, that's bullshit.  The U.S. government adopted DST in 1918, using the argument that less power is consumed when citizens have more daylight for their activities--which was disproved many times over by the opposition.  But, using the excuse of the conservation of wartime resources, it squeaked by and was put into effect--in all states except Arizona.  I think Illinois was also not on board, at least until later.  The original manipulation of the human schedule started in Austria in the 1890s, and caught on in other European countries--mainly because the rich people could spend more time at recreation due to an "extended" day.  The railroads, of course, hated it because of the inherent clumsiness of changing all train schedules twice a year.

Bottom line, people just like to have that extra hour of daylight after they get off work to do stuff, and that's why DST has persisted.  I say just make DST year long, and stop this going back and forth.  Although for people like me who make their own schedules are affected much less, those who are in the 9-5 matrix are statistically more likely to suffer heart attacks, strokes and other maladies during the time change.  So, I guess that would be a vested interest for the medical establishment to keep changing the time so they can create more customers. Anywho, now it's getting dark at 5:30, and no one likes it.

Shay
In partial rebellion, I turned over and went back to sleep for an extra two hours this morning, hoisting myself up to a sitting position around NOON, which would have been 1 PM CDT.  My last dream sequence was kind of disturbing, and looking at it now, I'm not sure why.  I was across the street from where I lived, working on some computer project, when Shay (my now deceased partner/housemate) unexpectedly came home from a long absence.  I spied her out the window, tromping around angrily  in the front yard.  I hurriedly ran out to greet her.  She glared at me and stomped back into the house.  I followed.  We met in the kitchen, and she was banging dishes and pans, and I was making every effort to be calm and polite, asking her softly how her trip went.  She didn't answer, and just left the room.  I stood there feeling bad that she was upset, and guilty for not being there when she had returned, even though she had come home early.  As I woke up, I was awash in a jumble of emotions that seemed stale and old, so I chalked it up to a good emotional de-tox, thanked it, and continued my wake up procedure.

I had planned to go out again--go to the store, get a money order for rent, and drop it off.  But then I got another E-3 order, and decided to just wait till tomorrow and save a trip.  Procrastination Rule #1:  Why do today what you can do tomorrow?

I spent the rest of the day on social media, watched a couple of videos on YouTube from people I subscribed to, fixed dinner, and now here I am.  Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment